Re: Does APCC 1.8.0.2 update disable encoders?

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi Ray
  I've tested 1.8.0.4 this morning and it works. AE tab values all filled in correctly.

 FYI, when I clicked on the update button on 1.8.0.2, it said there were no updates. Instead, I just downloaded the update via your link and installed it.

cytan

On Sunday, March 8, 2020, 08:55:06 AM CDT, Ray Gralak <groups3@...> wrote:

> Yes, mine is also off when I startup.  But also, I noticed both yours and mine show the home positions as -100H
> (HA) and -100 degrees (DEC).  Does that mean the AE function needs to be initialized or calibrated?  Also, seems
> like those numbers are a bit extreme and should be limit checked in the software to something like +/- 6 hours for
> HA and 0 degrees for DEC.

Those are the default uninitialized values which just weren't getting updated. The new builds, 1.8.0.4 and .5, fix this.

-Ray Gralak