Re: Does APCC 1.8.0.2 update disable encoders?

Cheng-Yang Tan

My GTOCP4 firmware version is A01-13 which I believe is the latest version.

I tried again tonight and checked the status of the encoder. And again, the encoder setting is off when I start up. I just don't remember whether the encoder is automatically turned on after APCC initialization. Is anyone else seeing this?

cytan

On Friday, March 6, 2020, 04:28:07 PM CST, Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...> wrote:

This seems to happen occasionally with users - it would seem a nice enhancement and reduce the support load for AP if APCC checked for the minimum version of firmware required for a given APCC release and report a warning if the firmware is too old.

Michael Fulbright

On 3/6/20 3:53 PM, Brian Valente wrote:
Hi Cytan

i believe you need to be on the latest GTOCP firmware, you might want to check that out

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 12:48 PM Cheng-Yang Tan via Groups.Io <cytan299=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi guys,
   I'm wondering whether upgrading to APCC 1.8.0.2 disables encoders from an older version? Please see screen capture:

I didn't realize the encoder was disabled until I looked at the AE tab. And that was after the upgrade. Which then begs the question as to whether my encoders were disabled before the upgrade.

Is there an obvious way to know whether the encoders are enabled *without* going to the AE tab? When I look at the bottom right window the "ENC" rectangle is in yellow, and so I thought that the encoders were on.

Thanks!

cytan

--
Brian