From: Mike Dodd <mike@...>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Mar 5, 2020 8:37 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] PEMPro Dec backlash question

On 3/5/2020 1:06 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io wrote:

> Backlash by itself does not produce trails. Are you guiding or shooting
> unguided?

Guiding with MaxIm using ASCOM Direct (Pulse Guide).

> If you are guiding, then the guider software automatically handles any
> Dec backlash.

My MaxIm has backlash set to 0 on both axes. I might play with the Dec
setting there to see if that reduces star trails at high elevations.

Let's put this thread to bed. Clearly I need to learn more about what my
system is doing.

Thanks for all the advice.

--- Mike