From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Wayne Hixson via Groups.Io <wayneh9026@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:49 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] Advice for loading large scope on mount

I’ve had only refractors no larger than my 130GTX ever. I now have a 12.5” iDK that weights approximately 43 lbs. I loaded it my AP1100 exactly twice before I sold that mount 6 months ago. It was difficult not so much as the weight but the awkward shape and the difficulty of seeing what I was doing.

Now that I’ll have a mount again I’m looking for advice on loading and unloading by myself if another person isn’t available. One issue was that the 1100 was very high (42” pier) and I’ll likely have my Mach2 on an Eagle at about 32/34”. I was thinking in Park 3 I’d be behind the scope so I would break its fall 😅.

wayne