From: "Steve Leikind" <sleikind@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 9:55 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] AP-400 and ST7 calibration

This may be one for the SBIGUSER list, but here goes. I tried
calibrating my ST7 self-guider chip for my new AP-400 and ran into a
problem. During the calibration process, the calibration star
consistently moved off the chip meaning that I could not calibrate.
I tried a number of calibration settings, but not seemed to work
Things were pretty well balanced before I attempted calibration and
polar alignment seemed pretty good. I made sure the ST7 was lined up
with the RA axis per SBIG's recommendation.

I had previously used my ST7 with an LX-200 and had no difficulty
self-guiding. Obviously the AP is a different mount and requires
different ST7 settings. I did not get to spend much time working on
this, but thought I would post this to see if anyone as any
suggestions.

-Steve

I wonder if Eddie will be mad?
http://click.egroups.com/1/6000/7/_/3615/_/962211317/