Re: AP V2 ASCOM driver v5.30.07 available for download

Dale Ghent

There's an instance of the A-P ASCOM driver still running for some reason, and the installer was unable to get it to quit. This is not an uncommon occurrence with ASCOM drivers in general and is rather annoying when it does happen - the driver is still running because it believes that something is using it, when in reality there isn't. If you are certain that this is the case, you can open up Windows Task Manager (right click the task bar, select Task Manager) and in the resulting list of programs that are running, you can right click on it and "End Process". That should kill it and you can retry the installation.

Failing that, a reboot will always clear the zombie process.

/dale

On Mar 2, 2020, at 12:47 PM, Bruce Donzanti <donza2735@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ray

I tried to download the new version several times (I have a GTOCP4) but keep getting the same message:

The following applications are using files that need to be updated by Setup. It is recommended that you allow Setup to automatically close these applications. After the installation has completed, Setup will attempt to restart the applications.

AstroPhysics V2 ASCOM Mount Drive
APSetup

I clicked NEXT as the Automatically close the applications radio button was filled in. However, when I did that, a second message popped up:
Setup was unable to automatically close all applications. It is recommended that you close all applications using files that need to be updated by Setup before continuing.

So, not sure how to proceed as I am not usually a windows user and don't want to mess things up. I just hit abort. How should I proceed?

Bruce

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 7:18 PM Ray Gralak <groups3@gralak.com> wrote:
Hello all,

The Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM driver v5.30.07 and documentation is available for download at this link:

https://www.gralak.com/apdriver

This version is *required* for Mach 2 mounts and highly recommended for all other Astro-Physics mounts with GTOCP1 through GTOCP5
control boxes.

-Ray Gralak