Re: Declination gets locked

Steve Salvo

I’m not sure of the model mount you have, but on my mount, the 900, the friction pads under the clutch locks can depress and warp, actually hindering the movement of the axis. AP has a special tool to remove the pads. This happens by over tightening the clutches.

Steve

On Mar 1, 2020, at 20:36, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@gmail.com> wrote:

After a nights session , after unlocking the clutches it takes much strength to initially move the dec axis , have no problem to slew or track only to initiate rotation it requires an effort and then I feel it giving way and able to rotate it . Are the gears binding ? Unlikely bcos I can even feel a discrete backlash . Everything is greased as well . Pls let me know ur thoughts
Suresh