Re: Declination gets locked

Suresh Mohan

Yes of course Brian , I’ve no issues with RA , it’s just the DEC - I  get a jammed feeling at start , the effort required is abnormal
Suresh

On 02-Mar-2020, at 7:37 AM, Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:

Hi Suresh

if you are unlocking the clutches and moving the axis, your movements are independent of the gearing, so the gears/backlash/mesh would not impact your movements in any way.

maybe make sure you completely loosen the clutch

Brian

On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 5:36 PM Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:
After a nights session , after unlocking the clutches it takes much strength to initially move the dec axis , have no problem to slew or track only to initiate rotation it requires an effort and then I feel it giving way and able to rotate it . Are the gears binding ? Unlikely bcos I can even feel a discrete backlash .  Everything is greased as well . Pls let me know ur thoughts
Suresh

--
Brian

Brian Valente