Re: Worm period of Mach 1

Suresh Mohan

Thanks Brian !
   In PPEC I’m getting + or minus 0.25 arc seconds
Suresh

On 27-Feb-2020, at 9:56 AM, Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:

Hi Suresh

if you enabled auto adjust period in PPEC, it's not something to worry about. (if you just entered the worm period and unchecked auto adjust, set it to your mount's published worm period)

PPEC approximates the periodic oscillations it sees, and while it's main purpose is the primary worm gear, there are other factors during guiding that impact it. In other words, that is not an accurate measure of the mount's period.

That being said, it's pretty impressive that it calculated it that closely.

Brian

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 8:08 PM Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:
Hi ,
    In PEMPRO my worm period for Mach 1 is 382.95 , in phd it shows as 383.05 in PPEC algorithm for guiding . Should I worry about it ?
Thanks
Suresh

Sent from my iPh

--