Re: Close up of M81 without CCDT67

Robert Chozick <rchozick@...>

Wayne did you also adjust the primary?  Do you have an attachment to project a grid or circle on the wall?  I bought a focuser tilt adjustment ring so I could do the full laser collimation procedure -all 3 parts.   My Howie Glatter laser has the grid attachment but they no longer make the circle projection attachment.   You can make the grid attachment work ok.

Robert

On Feb 24, 2020, at 2:26 PM, Wayne Hixson via Groups.Io <wayneh9026@...> wrote:

Hi Bill, I just checked my AGO 12.5” iDK with laser collimator and Tak scope yesterday. Following Dave Tandy’s collimating video, things looked good to my eye. Beam was within the center target of the secondary and beam return to the primary was overlapping the beam source, sort of like a very close double star. Tak scope pattern looked like it was supposed to. Waiting now to check out under the stars. Wondering what issues you ran into?