Re: Apparent loss of tracking after dither command

Hi Peter

your best bet to track this down is to head over to the PHD forums and post your guidelog there with the above explanation. That can be hunted down pretty quickly. My guess is it's unrelated to the dither, but the guidelogs will tell (FYI guidelogs are automatically captured for you)

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 11:58 PM Peter Bresler via Groups.Io <PABresler=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I was shooting with SGP and PHD2; things seemed to be going well for about 18 4 minute exposures. I had selected "dither" for PHD2. On the 19th shot after the dither signal the mount started drifting badly and I had to stop the sequence. Same thing happened again when I restarted, but after I recentered and unchecked dither things went well again with good guiding. What is going on?

--
Brian

Brian Valente