Re: Recommendation for Observatory PC

Dale Ghent

What are your networking requirements? Do you /need/ wireless or is ethernet alone fine?

I also presume you will be using it only for system control and image acquisition, so low CPU requirements but you'd prefer some storage?

On Feb 21, 2020, at 11:22 PM, Barry Megdal <bmegdal@shbinstruments.com> wrote:

My observatory has been controlled for several years by a standard rack mount PC. But it is getting older and has been running for years (and has hard drives instead of SSDs). I would like to replace it with a PC that is rated to work down to -10C or so, so I don't have to worry about problems on cold (for California) nights.

Any recommendations? I know I can butya small fanless industrial PC rated for wide temperature range, but would really prefer something in a normal rack mount form factor.

Thanks

- Barry