Re: How critical is balance ?

Suresh Mohan

Roland mine is the older mount , I don’t know if it’s spring loaded
Suresh

On 19-Feb-2020, at 1:24 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011@...> wrote:

I would balance close, not east heavy. This is a spring loaded mount so there is no reason to unbalance it.

From: Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Feb 18, 2020 11:22 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] How critical is balance ?

Hi ,
I’m using a Mach 1 mount , my gear at present is just a qhy183 M with a Samyang 135 mm lens , I’m presently shooting sh2 308 . I’m wel polar aligned with no DEC drift . I’m noticing a tiny trail only  in RA only after it crosses the meridian . However I balance east heavy only with the cw bar horizontal . Should I offset it a little more than the existing east heavy position  ?
Thanks
Suresh