Re: 1200GTO worm gear thrust washer?

uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com>

Tighten it hand tight (do not apply too much pressure, we use between 10 and 15 inch-Lb.). Then add a drop of superglue on the outside of the threads.
If you ever need to loosen it for any reason, it will be easy to unscrew after applying a bit of acetone to the glue spot.

From: Mike Shade <mshade@q.com>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Feb 14, 2020 3:32 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] 1200GTO worm gear thrust washer?

The flat washer, the one with two holes on it at the end of the worm shaft (under the little screw on cover) continues to loosen up causing some degree of backlash.  It has done it for both RA and DEC.  Any ideas how to tighten this properly and prevent it from doing this in the future?

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com
Mike J. Shade Photography:

In War: Resolution
In Defeat: Defiance