Re: Erratic parking of the mount

Bruce Donzanti

Hi Ray

Almost 100% no slippage.  Everything tight and well balanced before beginning a session.

I do manually realign to center some objects at times but that is it.  Could that be the cause?  However, I have not noticed any consistent pattern or trend.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 7:09 AM Ray Gralak <groups3@...> wrote:
Hi Bruce,

> Usually, this is fine but every now and then I noticed the scope does not park in position 4 exactly as it should (i.e.,
> the RA axis is slightly off level).  I can't seem to figure out what is the cause as it is very infrequent but annoying as
> it misaligns the scope for the next time I startup Skysafari 6 Pro to slew to an object (i.e., the mount is lost and I
> need to realign).  Any thoughts as to what is going on?  Is my shutdown sequence wrong?

A couple things come to mind:

1. Are you sure the clutches are not slipping?
2. Were any RECALs performed, either manually or via plate solves? They can slightly change the effective mechanical position of the park positions.

-Ray Gralak