Re: M81-82 with AP CCDT67

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Robert, there is a prominent double right at the edge of M81 and it is well resolved in your image. Maybe that threw you off? I really think you did a great job on this one.

On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 at 12:25, Robert Chozick via Groups.Io <rchozick=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Roland. I saw a few slight football shapes in the image but looking back I am wondering if those are actually double stars stacked on top of each other.

Robert

On Feb 6, 2020, at 10:48 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

That's a very good image. I don't see where the stars are messed up at all.

From: Robert Chozick via Groups.Io <rchozick=aol.com@groups.io>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Feb 5, 2020 10:03 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] M81-82 with AP CCDT67

I just started using an 8 inch RC and tried the CCDT67 on it.  I spaced it for 67% bringing the f/8 1620mm scope to F/5.3 1075mm.  I really like it and it ends up acting as a flattener to some degree.  My guiding wasn’t great so all stars are a little messed up but I think I am going to keep the CCDT67 in most of the time.  I like shooting at f/5.3 more than f/8.  My other scope is an FSQ-106 so I like using around f/5.

Robert Chozick

--

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/