From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Dodd
Sent: Saturday, February 1, 2020 7:56 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] GTO CP3 V-chip post-installation qauestions

Hello, all.

I received the V-chip to replace the L-chip in CP3 #0374 on my
pier-mounted AP1200. I have some questions regarding the printed
initialization instructions provided with the chip.

(1) The label on my keypad shows "CP1 1975GTO 1106." I assume this falls
under the "4.17/earlier" initialization instructions. Is this correct?

(2) The instructions under "4.17/earlier, Auto-connect = NO" say I can
choose "Star Sync" or "Resume Ref-Park 1." If I choose "Resume Ref-Park
1" must I then do a FULL Star Sync?

In the past, after balancing my scope or other operation where I
loosened the clutches, I've always done "Resume Ref-Park 1" followed by
a Recalibrate after centering a star with the direction buttons.

Is this the same situation? I can "Resume Ref-Park 1" then Recal on a
centered star?

(3) I normally initialize the mount when connecting the ASCOM driver, so
my keypad isn't even attached. The instructions say the software
"...MUST give the servo a full initialization" and I "...also need to
reestablish pointing and orientation by resuming from one of the AP
pre-defined park positions or by performing a full Sync on a star."

(3a) In the ASCOM driver, how do I "give the servo a full initialization?"

(3b) If I resume from Park 1, can I then center a star using the ASCOM
driver's direction buttons, and do a Recalibrate to fine-tune pointing
accuracy? Is there a way to command a Recalibrate from within the ASCOM
driver, or must I do that in SkyX?

If necessary, I will plug in the keypad, set it to "Auto-connect = YES,"
and do everything there, but I'd prefer doing everything from the
computer without the keypad.

Thanks for all information.

--- Mike