Re: AP 1100 - 2 minutes unguided

Bruce Donzanti

well, let's just stick that we think alike and hold-off on the great part....at least for a few more years :-)

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 4:30 PM Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:
good to hear great minds think alike, or at least, my feeble mind thinks like other great minds!

Brian

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 1:29 PM Bruce Donzanti <donza2735@...> wrote:
Actually, the same as you just described.  I started out using Polemaster and now use SharpCap.  So, "excellent" per the definition and limits set by SharpCap.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 4:27 PM Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:
Bruce - how do you polar align?

i ask because i used to think i had excellent polar alignment via polemaster, until i realized how "accurate" it was (and i use that term loosely).

Now that i polar align via another method (sharpcap) i am doing 5 min unguided exposures. It's on a different mount, but i wanted to emphasize the point you made, excellent PA is critical for unguided

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 1:24 PM Bruce Donzanti <donza2735@...> wrote:
Thanks all for the additional feedback.  I'll see how far I can go next time I put the hyperstar on.  I have excellent polar alignment in my permanent observatory and other than sky conditions, I think I have the rest as best as I can get it.  I'll just keep guiding at f/7 on the C11" EdgeHD since it works despite it being finicky at times.

--
Brian

Brian Valente

--