Re: Meridian Limits Sanity Check

Yves Laroche

Hi Ray,

Normally it should work according to my experience.  However, the meridian delay should be set before running the ACP plan (not during image acquisition) else it will behave badly.

Regards,
Yves

Le 28/01/20 22:29, Ray Gralak <groups3@...> a écrit :
Hi Jerome,

> I think if I were to tweek this I would check the counterweight up slews West? to allow the mount to start tracking to
> the West a bit before a Meridian Flip would be required.  Not sure i am making sense but this is what in the notes I
> think is referred to an "Opportunity" rather than a "safety" issue.  I am East-West challenged.

I am not sure that ACP can understand and properly work with the mount's meridian delay value. I think ACP expects the mount to do a pier flip at the meridian.

In order to start before the meridian you would have to setup East and West limits to the left of the Meridian in the meridian limits editor, then enable counterweight up slews on both East and West pier sides. But again, I am not sure ACP would like this behavior.

-Ray Gralak