Re: Connections to the mount

Roland Christen

My preferred method is to connect my laptop to the CP via USB. The traffic rate from computer to the CP controller is very low, so no need for a high speed connection.

From: r1300rs via Groups.Io <cardiofuse@...>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Jan 23, 2020 11:13 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Connections to the mount

Thinking of upgrading my MX+ (which has wi-fi and USB connection only) to the AP1600 with encoders (which has USB, serial, wi-fi and ethernet).

I use TheSkyXpro with T-point modeling, planetarium software AND the Camera Add-on for camera control.  I generally use Phd for guiding which also connects to the mount.

What is your preferred method of connecting to the mount?  I was thinking of the ethernet connection (then use Wi-fi for LAN/VPN access).  How then would I provide a second connection to the mount for TSX (plate solving) and Phd (guiding).  The camera, filter wheel, rotator and other devices use native TSX ASCOM controllers.  I'm sure this is simple but wanted to gather some opinions...

Rick
cardiofuse observatory