From:        "Robert Berta" <biker123@...>
To:        main@ap-gto.groups.io
Date:        01/22/2020 10:48 AM
Subject:        Re: [ap-gto] Rotating pier adapter #Polar_Alignment
Sent by:        main@ap-gto.groups.io

Seems you could just drill extra holes in the pier tube to allow more position options. You could also machine slots in place of the holes on the tube and use washers and bolts to clamp once rotated. that would give you perhaps another total of 10 additional degrees adjustment besides the existing azimuth adjustment in the mount. A machinist could easily build an adapter for what you want.

I am a hobbiest in machining and have a metal lathe and milling machine. When I leave my home observatory and go in field I designed and machined a cap that fits on a modified Meade Giant Field Tripod that takes the flat plate adapter and allows me to rotate the entire assembly if needed to reach the range covered by the mounts azimuth control. The Meade tripod has the advantage it can be adjusted for uneven ground easier than a traditional pier and that was why I went that way instead of a pier.