Re: New Keypad Software

Ted Mickle

Thanks, George [and Roland] — looking forward to this update; thanks for all you do!

Ted

On Jan 22, 2020, at 12:08, George <george@...> wrote:

Ted,

Please note the email that Roland just posted to this group.    In addition to what he stated, we have attempted to make the entire keypad more user-friendly.

We are bug testing as I write this.   There is not a specific date…but very soon.   We will add features in future updates.

Regards,

George

George Whitney
Astro-Physics, Inc.
Phone:  815-282-1513
Email:  george@...

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ted Mickle via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 12:00 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] New Keypad Software

George,

Two questions concerning the new v5.xx firmware update:

1.  Anticipated release timeline

2. What specific features will it incorporate?

I’ve read some discussions that it will correct for orthogonality errors but haven’t seen an official brief from Astro-Physics.

Many thanks,

Ted

On Jan 22, 2020, at 10:46, George <george@...> wrote:

I should add that the earliest keypads…approximately 1565GTO and earlier…will not accept the v5.xx firmware, as they do not have the available memory.

Regards,

George

George Whitney
Astro-Physics, Inc.