Re: OT Equipment insurance

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Mike, echoing what Steven said - for sure go through a broker who will be able to shop around. Specific points per your first e-mail:

I took pics of EVERYTHING. I supplied receipts for stuff I bought new; e-mail / paypal correspondence for stuff bought used.
I too screen captures of equivalent items for sale on Astromart if the items were no longer available new and included those.
I put all the detail in a spreadsheet plus the screen captures, mailed it to my broker and asked for e-mail confirmation that it was a) received and b) what they needed to PROMISE that my stuff was insured per my policy.

One thing that came out right away was that my home owner insurance covered cameras, bikes etc until I mentioned how much I paid for said camera gear and bikes at which point the broker yelled Whoa!!! and I was told that kids bikes and basic cameras were included but my stuff for sure NOT included under a basic homeowners policy. So they added a "Jewelry" rider that covers cameras and expensive stuff above the threshold of the homeowner's plan.

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 20:31, Mike Shade <mshade@q.com> wrote:

Thanks, looking into that option.  I am rural, might be a bit of a challenge, but will try.

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution