Re: APPM 'BAD X SCALE' Error and Appropriate Troubleshooting?

Martin G <martin.artem14@...>

Hi Peter,

When you have the setup Celestron Edge HD 1100 + 0.7x reducer, then the focal length of your EDGE HD is changed to  280mm / 1960mm
and not to 2030 as stated in your email !

Good luck and you can actually calculate the FOV of your setup here http://astronomy.tools/calculators/field_of_view/

Martin

grafik.png

Am Fr., 3. Jan. 2020 um 17:42 Uhr schrieb Ray Gralak <groups3@...>:

> I originally entered 0.5 as the scale in the camera settings in SGP, but after doing plate solves it appears as 4.1.
> The focal length for the scope with the 0.7 focal reducer is 2030mm and the pixel size for my ZWO 294MC Pro
> camera is 4.7.. What scale setting should I be entering in APPM, and where do you enter it?

If SGPro is reporting 4.1 arc-sec/pixel and you think it should be close to 0.5, then that is a bad plate solve. APPM did the right thing by rejecting the plate solve.

-Ray Gralak