From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Worsel via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2020 10:45 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: Upgrade to new keypad version (was RE: [ap-gto] Unguided imaging with Mach2) #Keypad

I downloaded trial versions of APCC-Pro and PinPoint from DC3. In the process of testing these, it appears that
PinPoint can only use FIT files for plate solving. As I image mostly with a DSLR, this presents a barrier, since
APPM links to PinPoint in order to build a sky-model.

While I can convert the Raw images to FIT manually, this obviously negates the advantages of automatic mapping.

Have I missed something? Is PinPoint (and therefore APPM) capable of reading Raw or even JPG files?

Before I go through the process of downloading, installing, and tinkering with SGP, does it allow the use of DSLR
Raw or JPG files for PlateSolve2? SGP can capture images from a DSLR, but I cannot tell if it can use Raw
images for PlateSolve2.

I use AstroTortilla now for platesolving vias ANSVR. Is it possible for APPM to connect directly to ANSVR? rather
than go through PinPpoint or PlateSolve2?

Bryan

Thanks.

Bryan