Re: Unguided imaging with Mach2

Geert

That's better news ;-).

Geert

Op zo 29 dec. 2019 om 18:21 schreef uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io>:

The new keypad has a couple of keys that are labeled differently. The bottom right hand button becomes an Enter button (ENT). The button next to it becomes a recal button (RCAL). You can put a sticker on them if you don't want the new overlay. The older keypads will work just fine with all the new software.

The software can be loaded over the internet and you won't need to send the keypad in for that.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Dec 29, 2019 10:38 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Unguided imaging with Mach2

" It will need to be sent in for that, when the time comes.", oh dear - the customs hassle, cost  and risk that this gives for overseas customers :-(

Geert

Op zo 29 dec. 2019 om 16:50 schreef uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io>:
Your keypad can be modified to allow all the new programs to work. It will need to be sent in for that, when the time comes.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Dec 28, 2019 10:49 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Unguided imaging with Mach2

Sounds like a very interesting addition to the hand controller features. The question I have is whether it is a download upgrade to the existing controller or only available on a brand new hand controller. The reason I ask is because I have both a AP 900 and new AP 1100 mount. I have only one hand controller which is swapped between mounts (one is permanent setup and other mount goes to star parties). I have though about getting a second hand controller but have been holding out for a few years to see if there will be a completely new version. The one I have now has all the current updates installed.

I know that I can run the mounts from my computer when imaging and I do that....but sometimes I prefer the hand controller for fast visual observing.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.