Re: APO GOTO Polar and Star alignment

Rich N. <rnapo@...>

I just started using my new ap-400 mount and have a few questions
about its operation:

1. There is an altitude adjustment screw that increases latitude.
However, I haven't found anything that can lower altitude besides
loosening the "main bolt" and lowering manually. This seems
rather coarse. Have I got this right?
-snip

If it is like my older AP 400, yes, that adjustment bolt only pushes.

Loosen the bolt on the side and unscrew the knobbed bolt in the
back (south side of the mount). If you have the counter weight shaft
installed (no OTA), that should be heavy enough to cause the mount
to follow the knobbed adjustment bolt as it is backed out.

Rich