From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:13 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io; bblackwell13@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Guiding...How out of focus?

Hi Steve,

Your image is probably not out of focus, nor does it appear to be 2 stars close to each other. It looks like your optics or camera are vibrating, perhaps because of fan vibration on the back of your camera. Try turning off your fan to see if the image stabilizes. We had similar problems with an FLI camera at our remote observatory and had to change out the fans which vibrated enough to cause elongation and/or double stars to appear in all our images.

From: Steve Reilly <
sreilly24590@...>