Re: ? response on CP3 bottom serial port

William

Ray,

I was just trying to troubleshoot an invalid response coming from the CP3 for some commands.
Was trying to slave my AP900 CP3 to another mount.  Everything works great 99.99% of the time.
But every once in a while wend sending a :Sr (ra), :Sd (dec) and :MS# (slew) I get a ? or sometimes another character back from the CP3.  The correct response is a ascii 1.  My Ra and Dec commands are valid as I do log them.  This happens when using the bottom serial connector on the CP3.
So I wrote a test program that just sends the command I enter, :Sr 07:07:00.0# for the test, and checks the response from the CP3 for a 1.
I get something other than a 1 after varying number of sends.  It has failed with an incorrect response after 193 sends, 1058 sends, etc.
Sending at 5 second intervals and have a timeout set for 3 seconds.
Just trying to figure out if this is expected or not.

William