Re: Veil Mosaic

Robert Chozick

Thanks. I played with that and it does eliminate the overall brightness of some of the nebulosity. Calibrated monitors still vary some so we may not be seeing it the same.

On Dec 7, 2019, at 1:29 PM, Mike Dodd <mike@mdodd.com> wrote:

On 12/7/2019 1:53 PM, Robert Chozick via Groups.Io wrote:
This is my first mosaic. It is really hard to get the backgrounds
the same. This was a lot work. This is with my new ZWO CMOS OSC
camera.

That looks really nice! I had plans to do a similar 4-panel mosaic with my ZWO ASI2600MC Pro camera, but decided to start with 2-panel mosaics in Pixinsight before tackling such an ambitious project. Nice work!

One comment.... The background is a bit bright for my taste. Opening the image in Photoshop, I saw there's a fairly wide space on the black end of the Levels histogram. I increased the levels black point by 25 ticks, and the background became much darker without losing much, if any, of the faint nebulosity. Again, it all depends on personal preferences.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
Louisa County, Virginia USA