Re: PHD2 Guiding issue on AP1100

Bruce Donzanti

No- I just started using PHD2 a few months ago and it worked.....until now.  Can you recommend another one to try or should I uninstall and reinstall PHD2?  I was hesitant to do that because I was not sure if the current logs get deleted in case I need to refer to them.

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 1:49 PM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Yes to the planetarium program and yes to the AP ASCOM driver.  They move as you would expect.  In fact, I can image up to 60s unguided with no problems.
Your planetarium program and the ASCOM driver use the exact same commands to move the mount as any guiding program. The protocol is the same. So there appears to be no communication issue within the CP controller. I assume that your guider program sends move commands via the ASCOM driver. That is the way PHD normally operates. It's possible that your problem might be within your computer itself, no communication between your guide program and the ASCOM driver perhaps. Do you have any other guide program that you could use?

From: Bruce Donzanti <donza2735@...>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Dec 7, 2019 12:39 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] PHD2 Guiding issue on AP1100

Yes to the planetarium program and yes to the AP ASCOM driver.  They move as you would expect.  In fact, I can image up to 60s unguided with no problems.

On Dec 7, 2019, at 1:35 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks, Roland.  I did try the autoguider port and it seemed not to change anything.  I'll try again tonight and may switch to the other serial port and see what happens.  This is just very strange.  Working fine for a long time and then just stops communicating.
Ok, so let me ask again, can you slew or move the mount via your planetarium program? If you can then the mount controller is working. If you cannot move the mount in RA this way then indeed something is wrong inside the controller. You can also try moving the mount via your ASCOM driver. If it responds to button pushes or move commands from the driver, then the controller is fine and you have problems outside of the mount. Do this test and report back.