Re: WiFi Dropout Solution for Smart Devices (Sky Safari etc.) #WiFi

Donald Rudny

Is AP investigating this issue?  I have had occasional drops with my iPad and SkySafari won’t reconnect unless I reboot the CP4.  The iPad is still connected to the CP4 WiFi, but when I disconnect and reconnect it asks for the password and if I put it in, it won’t connect, so I park the scope with APCC and re-power the system and everything is good.  It is a rare occasional event, but my friend who has a Mach 1 and 1100 has frequent drops with the same symptoms.  I think he reported it to AP and they told him it was something with his system.  He just hard wires it now.  With all these reports, I’m not buying that it’s other things.  There must be something going on with the CP4.

Don

Don Rudny
P.O. Box 106
Pepeekeo, HI 96783-0106

312-209-5870

On Nov 25, 2019, at 12:47 PM, Robert Berta <biker123@...> wrote:

I have both the original SkyFi and also the latest version 3. The difference is the original used AdHoc wireless which wasn't supported with most Android devices but Iphone/Ipad worked. The latest version no longer uses AdHoc wireless so works great with Android....and over longer distances also. I use with Sky Safari with both a Samsung 7s phone and a Samsung tablet both running Android.
I still wish AP could get their CP4 wireless to work correctly.  I added a 1100 CP4 to my 900 CP3 for my observatory in the Summer of 2016. The wireless capability was one of the main plus points for going that way but sadly hasn't worked out.
As noted in one of the my posts above....I have tested the AP CP4 extensively with Howard's suggestions and it didn't cure the problem. Oh well........