Re: APCC: Mount not executing meridian flip when meridian limit reached


tomlin
 

1. The slew is started asynchronously so it was successful. 
2. The pulseguide during a slew was also successful even if it stopped the slew. 

Seems like the mount software could  delay guide-pulses until a slew is completed. A guide-pulse command would always check to see if a slew command was in the que.
There would be millisecond delays to auto guiding.

Ray


From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak via Groups.Io <groups3@...>
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2019 9:02 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC: Mount not executing meridian flip when meridian limit reached
 
Hi Horia,

> >> An auto-guiding command will abort a slew.
>
> Two questions please:
> 1. Is this a function of APCC or is it implemented in the ASCOM-Driver?

Neither, it is in the mount's firmware.

> 2. Is this behavior ASCOM-conform? I would expect that an ASCOM command is either executed or rejected by
> throwing an exception. IMHO, once the system accepted the slew command it should complete it (I might be wrong
> here).

I don't think it is defined. Besides no exception needs to be thrown because:

1. The slew is started asynchronously so it was successful.
2. The pulseguide during a slew was also successful even if it stopped the slew.

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.astro-2Dphysics.com_index.htm-3Fproducts_accessories_software_apcc_apcc&d=DwIFaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=7ixcaAKrn5WsWYgb4dW75A&m=nxvVw6BLav8TW5NUkkN9Z4-gv3tmODJEr_nrCJXrxFI&s=a-ht6HUOOaeCfwBT72nxNiuGjP160liyQ94uacpv7TI&e= 
Author of PEMPro V3:  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ccdware.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=7ixcaAKrn5WsWYgb4dW75A&m=nxvVw6BLav8TW5NUkkN9Z4-gv3tmODJEr_nrCJXrxFI&s=ImqKGHhIBWMAslqVJXEUPMHch_alOJsNtR7BnVv63IY&e=
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.siriusimaging.com_apdriver&d=DwIFaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=7ixcaAKrn5WsWYgb4dW75A&m=nxvVw6BLav8TW5NUkkN9Z4-gv3tmODJEr_nrCJXrxFI&s=3ENM-WlVdEhakjC-QrrcXtKR6ZPU6u7EwTUK-pxkQvc&e=


> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Horia
> Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2019 4:21 AM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC: Mount not executing meridian flip when meridian limit reached
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> >> An auto-guiding command will abort a slew.
>
> Two questions please:
>
> 1. Is this a function of APCC or is it implemented in the ASCOM-Driver?
>
> 2. Is this behavior ASCOM-conform? I would expect that an ASCOM command is either executed or rejected by
> throwing an exception. IMHO, once the system accepted the slew command it should complete it (I might be wrong
> here).
>
> Kind regards,
> Horia
>
>
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Ray Gralak
> Gesendet: Samstag, 23. November 2019 16:16
> An: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Betreff: Re: [ap-gto] APCC: Mount not executing meridian flip when meridian limit reached
>
> Hi Cytan,
>
> ...
>
> That said, I think I can still tell from the ASCOM logs why the flip was stopped. It looks like something was sending
> the mount ASCOm pulse guide commands (i.e., auto-guiding). An auto-guiding command will abort a slew.
>
> -Ray Gralak
> Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.astro-2D&d=DwIFaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=7ixcaAKrn5WsWYgb4dW75A&m=nxvVw6BLav8TW5NUkkN9Z4-gv3tmODJEr_nrCJXrxFI&s=7ObUsIabRYJngb2sEV0Mrlx5GESvYUaiBvTrAQ2Vf10&e=
> physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
> Author of PEMPro V3:  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ccdware.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=7ixcaAKrn5WsWYgb4dW75A&m=nxvVw6BLav8TW5NUkkN9Z4-gv3tmODJEr_nrCJXrxFI&s=ImqKGHhIBWMAslqVJXEUPMHch_alOJsNtR7BnVv63IY&e=  Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.siriusimaging.com_apdriver&d=DwIFaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=7ixcaAKrn5WsWYgb4dW75A&m=nxvVw6BLav8TW5NUkkN9Z4-gv3tmODJEr_nrCJXrxFI&s=3ENM-WlVdEhakjC-QrrcXtKR6ZPU6u7EwTUK-pxkQvc&e=
>
> .....
>
>
>




Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.