Re: APCC: Mount not executing meridian flip when meridian limit reached

Ray Gralak

Hi Horia,

An auto-guiding command will abort a slew.
Two questions please:
1. Is this a function of APCC or is it implemented in the ASCOM-Driver?
Neither, it is in the mount's firmware.

2. Is this behavior ASCOM-conform? I would expect that an ASCOM command is either executed or rejected by
throwing an exception. IMHO, once the system accepted the slew command it should complete it (I might be wrong
here).
I don't think it is defined. Besides no exception needs to be thrown because:

1. The slew is started asynchronously so it was successful.
2. The pulseguide during a slew was also successful even if it stopped the slew.

-Ray Gralak

An auto-guiding command will abort a slew.
Two questions please:

1. Is this a function of APCC or is it implemented in the ASCOM-Driver?

2. Is this behavior ASCOM-conform? I would expect that an ASCOM command is either executed or rejected by
throwing an exception. IMHO, once the system accepted the slew command it should complete it (I might be wrong
here).

Kind regards,
Horia

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----