From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cheng-Yang Tan via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2019 10:07 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC: Mount not executing meridian flip when meridian limit reached

Hi Ray,
I tried it again tonight and again, when the meridian limit was reached, APCC tried (maybe 3 attempts) for the flip
but failed, i.e. the Mach1GTO moved to some spot and then moved back. Finally, it just ended up in its original
unflipped position. I made sure that PHD2 was stopped this time before the flip. I forced the flip by pressing the
"pier flip" button in the "Move Scope" panel.

Is this unexpected?

cytan

On Saturday, November 23, 2019, 10:41:14 AM CST, Ray Gralak <groups3@...> wrote:

Hi Cytan,

I don't actually need the APCC log(s). I was just indicating how you would want to capture them. :-)

Normally you would have another program like SGPro command a slew at the end of an exposure which would flip
the mount for the next exposure. APCC does not have a mechanism for ignoring the guide pulses. Besides after a
flip the N/S guide pulses may be in the wrong direction if PHD2 isn't aware of the flip.

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc <http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc>