APCC: Mount not executing meridian flip when meridian limit reached

Mike Shade

Would people STOP sending large files to the group!  There are people here who live rural and do not have fast Internet and 5mb and now a 9 mb file is not appreciated. 

Thanks

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution

In Defeat: Defiance

In Victory: Magnanimity

In Peace: Goodwill

Sir Winston Churchill

Already, in the gathering dusk, a few of the stars are turning on their lights.

Vega, the brightest one, is now dropping towards the west.  Can it be half

a year since I watched her April rising in the east?  Low in the southwest

Antares blinks a sad farwell to fall...

Leslie Peltier, Starlight Nights

International Dark Sky Association: www.darksky.org

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cheng-Yang Tan via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8:51 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC: Mount not executing meridian flip when meridian limit reached

Hi Ray

Oops! Attached is the APCC log.

PHD2 was running at the time. I assume that's what is sending guide pulses to the mount. 

(1) Is there an automatic way that APCC can ignore the guide pulses so that a flip can be executed? 

(2) Or a button in APCC to force a flip? 

(3) Or a recommended way to tell PHD2 to stop guide pulses automatically during this time?

Thanks!

cytan

On Saturday, November 23, 2019, 09:15:48 AM CST, Ray Gralak <groups3@...> wrote:

Hi Cytan,

> I've also attached my APCC log files if that helps.

Actually, you only attached the ASCOM logs. To include APCC logs you must run the APCC log zipper. Not everyone uses APCC so there is a separate ASCOM log zipper, which is what you ran.

That said, I think I can still tell from the ASCOM logs why the flip was stopped. It looks like something was sending the mount ASCOm pulse guide commands (i.e., auto-guiding). An auto-guiding command will abort a slew.

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
Author of PEMPro V3:  https://www.ccdware.com
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cheng-Yang Tan via Groups.Io
> Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2019 7:03 AM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: [ap-gto] APCC: Mount not executing meridian flip when meridian limit reached
>
> Hi guys,
>    This is the first time I am using meridian tracking limits and so I must be missing something. Please see settings:
>
>
> I didn't get the screen shot last night, but I had set the meridian delay to -2 hours (as shown above). The
> counterweight was UP when the meridian limit was reached BUT I saw my Mach1GTO trying to execute the flip
> multiple times but it remained in its original counterweight UP position. The "Meridian" button started flashing
> indicating that the meridian limits were reached.
>
> So what went wrong? Shouldn't my Mach1GTO have executed the flip successfully?
>
> I've also attached my APCC log files if that helps. Flip should have happened around 2019-11-22 22:56.
>
> cytan
>

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.