Re: Precise Polar Alignment by Roland #Polar_Alignment

jimmyjujames

I do the same thing but in a different order and seldom need a second iteration.

First I move star half way back to crosshair with the N-S buttons and
if on laptop I use a mm ruler to find half way.
If I go exactly half way the second iteration is not needed.

 Then I goto mount and 50-50 chance of going the correct way.
If I go the wrong way no problem the crosshair is my destination not some subjective half way point.

The subjective half way point is seldom half way (for me) and causes me to do multiple iterations.

Jimmy