Re: Mean Well power supply question

Don Anderson

Hi Mike
That's odd. I have never had that problem with mine. I did run mine through a 50' extension cord plugged into a outside outlet in my previous residence. I believe it was a GFCI but I can't say for certain. Did you try the Alinco on another outlet?

Don Anderson

On Friday, November 8, 2019, 07:14:24 a.m. MST, Mike Dodd <mike@...> wrote:

On 11/8/2019 1:43 AM, Don Anderson via Groups.Io wrote:
> Another good power supply that I have used for the past 8 years is an
> Alinco DM-330MV. It is made for the ham radio world.

I use one a DM-330MV for my ham station, and thought it would be good
for the AP1200 as well.

Sadly, that was not the case.

During the first imaging run with it, I found the mount and cameras dead
-- the GFCI had tripped. I reset the GFCI and tried again. An hour later
it tripped again.

The next night I connected the DM-330MV to a 20W resistor box, and ran
1A of current through it. The GFCI tripped sometime overnight. I tried
that test again the following day -- the GFCI tripped once again.

To be clear: the DM-330V was the ONLY thing being powered through the
GFCI receptacle that tripped.

I don't know why the power supply caused the GFCI to trip. Perhaps it
was the cold temperature or the humidity. The specs state an ambient
temperature of 50F to 95F.

The GFCI problem was the reason I bought the Mean Well supply. Now I
have a spare power supply for my ham station.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
Louisa County, Virginia USA