Re: Mean Well power supply question

Mike Dodd

On 11/8/2019 1:43 AM, Don Anderson via Groups.Io wrote:
Another good power supply that I have used for the past 8 years is an
Alinco DM-330MV. It is made for the ham radio world.
I use one a DM-330MV for my ham station, and thought it would be good for the AP1200 as well.

Sadly, that was not the case.

During the first imaging run with it, I found the mount and cameras dead -- the GFCI had tripped. I reset the GFCI and tried again. An hour later it tripped again.

The next night I connected the DM-330MV to a 20W resistor box, and ran 1A of current through it. The GFCI tripped sometime overnight. I tried that test again the following day -- the GFCI tripped once again.

To be clear: the DM-330V was the ONLY thing being powered through the GFCI receptacle that tripped.

I don't know why the power supply caused the GFCI to trip. Perhaps it was the cold temperature or the humidity. The specs state an ambient temperature of 50F to 95F.

The GFCI problem was the reason I bought the Mean Well supply. Now I have a spare power supply for my ham station.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
Louisa County, Virginia USA