Re: Mean Well power supply question

jimmyjujames

110 Volt wire connections on power supply
Make sure you connect the protective ground (green wire) to chassis

If the screws will unscrew out completely I would use
Ring wire connectors on end of wires.

If the screws will not unscrew completely out I would use
Spade wire connectors on end of wires.
Or clip out part of the ring connector making it a spade connector.

Crimped or not I always solder the wires in connectors.
Crimping only is a second choice for me if a soldering iron is not available.

Do a google search for ring or spade wire connectors.
Lots of local stores carry them.

RTV cons
I have never used any kind of sealant on terminal strips.
You might be surprised how often the screws become loosened with constant movement of wires.
May hamper re-tightening screws.

RTV pros
Sealant my act as a lock tight and keep screws from loosening???

Jimmy
Our Earth would become a black hole if compressed down to a volume of about 1 cubic inch.