Re: Big oops for 5s: Telescope collides with pier. Any damage?

Geert

No harm will be done, rest assured.

Geert Vdbulcke

Van: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> Namens Cheng-Yang Tan via Groups.Io
Verzonden: zondag 3 november 2019 14:31
Aan: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Onderwerp: [ap-gto] Big oops for 5s: Telescope collides with pier. Any damage?

Hi guys,
  Since the weather has been so bad for the past week,  I decided to test the counterweight up configuration indoors by dialing the meridian flip delay in APCC. Unfortunately, during one of those tests, I suffered a pier crash for about 5s with my Mach1gto. My finger was just a little slow in getting to the stop slewing APCC button. The motors did not stall as far as I can tell. After the crash I sent the mount back to park 3 and found that the RA marks were a few degrees off.  I just unclutched and rotated RA so that the marks were aligned again.

Question: did this mishap ruin any of the gears or motor? Everything sounded fine after the crash and seemed to slew properly. But since I was indoors, there’s no way to be sure and it’ll be cloudy as far as the eye can see for the next 2 weeks.

cytan