Re: Orthogonality question

DFisch

😊

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 18:00 Marj Christen <marj@...> wrote:

Thomas,

I found Roland’s post from July in the files section. I am now converting it to a Wiki so that it can be easily found in the future. I will need a few minutes to complete this.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Thomas Fischer
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2019 4:11 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Orthogonality question

Rolando, I have been practicing in the past to do your routine for Polar alignment.  I cannot find the previous explanation you did I think this last summer.  Not used to the new group.io format yet.  Can you point us to your previous post.  Tom

On Nov 1, 2019, at 5:05 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011@...> wrote:

If you have an Astro-Physics mount why do you have to use any kind of aid to find the pole. It's so easy to use the power of the mount itself to align your mount. And it can be deadly accurate, more accurate than any kind of electronic polar routine. And you don't need to see the pole at all. Would you like me to explain this again how the mount can find the pole? It's super simple but may sound complex when it is in written form.