Pointing for all night tracking

Claude Benoit

Hello, I have the AE1100 and am just learning how to use it. I would like to know what I need to do to slew the mount my scope is pointing to the east on an object and with the weights up? Not sure how to ask this question clearly. The problem is if I use my planetarium software to slew to an object that is rising in the east the mount slews so the weights are down, that means when the object crosses the meridian I would have to do pier flip. What I think I can do with this mount is slew to the object but have the weights pointing up, then image all night long without having to do a pier flip, The problem I have is I don't know how to point to the object so the weights would be up, if I slew to the object with the planetarium program it wants to keep the weights down. Am I off the mark trying to do this and should I just settle for a meridian flip?

Thanks
Claude