Re: My Keypad Freezes

Don Anderson

Sounds like bad contacts somewhere in the cable. I would get some good quality electronic spray contact cleaner. Pull the plug off the circuit board on the HC and spray the cleaner on both plug and pins. Clean the contacts in the plug on the CP-X controller as well.
Corrosion can happen fairly quickly depending on your local environment.
Best of luck

Don Anderson

On Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 05:14:06 p.m. MDT, Kent10 <kent.moore@...> wrote:

Thanks Don.  I will certainly try what you suggest the next time it happens.  The keypad was purchased a year or 2 ago but I have only used it for less than a month.  Connections should be clean and cables look new so I will wiggle everything around to see if there is a connection problem somewhere.  One time I also got an orange screen.  Everything was orange and there were no letters or numbers.  I unplugged it and plugged it back in as Rolando suggested and that worked.  But I hope I can find the source of the problem so it doesn't keep happening.  Thanks!