Re: My Keypad Freezes

Don Anderson

Kent
I suspect Dr Suresh is right. you may have a cable problem. Check for loose or broken wires in the coil cable. It could be a dirty connection where the cable plugs onto the circuit board in the key pad. Also check you plug at the mount.

Don Anderson

On Friday, October 25, 2019, 02:56:47 a.m. MDT, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hi Kent ,
          I’ve had the issue . In my case the point at which it enters the HC at the base was the culprit .
Suresh

On 25-Oct-2019, at 11:57 AM, Kent10 <kent.moore@...> wrote:

I recently received a new scope, a Tec 200FL, and started using my AP 1100 mount for the 1st time just about 2 weeks ago.  It is working well.  However, the keypad sometimes freezes.  When I push any button nothing happens.  If I shut it off and then turn it back on again it works until next time when it freezes.

Last night, it didn't freeze but there were a couple of buttons that did not work while the others did.  The menu button worked, but the "plus-minus" did not and the "RA DEC REV" button also didn't work.  Again I restarted and everything worked.

Could this be a failing battery inside the keypad?  I am not receiving a low battery message.  Or what else might it be?

Thanks, Kent