Re: APCC doesn't call dome closure?

Jim Fakatselis <jfakatse@...>

Just as a comment, I made a dew cap around my “bicycle reflector” out of clear plastic to help with the dewing. It’s about 6 in long. Works very well. May want to try that to help also if dewing is an issue you’re concerned about.

On Oct 28, 2019, at 11:37 PM, Ray Gralak &#92;(Groups&#92;) <groups3@...> wrote:

Hi Stacey,

I'm trying to understand the role of the APCC ASCOM driver in calling for dome closure, etc
Neither APCC nor the ASCOM driver monitors or controls a dome.

-Ray Gralak

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stacey Mills
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2019 9:45 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] APCC doesn't call dome closure?

I've seen this only a few times but it keeps me awake at nights. When I got up this morning, the scope was
properly parked but the dome was not closed. ACP was waiting for the "park" command to be complete, which I
believe includes dome closure. It had been waiting for almost an hour. I clicked the "Close" button on the ACP
dome window and it closed fine. At the end of the closure ACP went on with its shutdown routine as if nothing had
happened. The ACP logs show only that it was waiting for park/closure. I can post APCC logs if needed. I'm
trying to understand the role of the APCC ASCOM driver in calling for dome closure, etc. I would be happy if ACP
would initiate dome closure independent of parking, but I don't see a way to do that. Currently, it doesn't start
closure until the scope is parked. I don't have any concerns about anything hitting.