Re: GTOCP3 Firmware

Christopher Erickson

There must have been a miscommunication someplace when you talked to George. The Moon data does NOT reside in the CP3 or CP4. It resides in the hand controller or other controlling program.

FWIW, Moon calculations are complex and having your time setting off by a small amount will make a big difference.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019, 12:19 PM Arnold C. Ashcraft <wa2guf@...> wrote:
All the other Solar System GoTo’s work just fine, so it cannot be a date/time issue.  I talked with George at AP earlier this year and he talked with the programmer who acknowledges it is a problem.  He said it was in the CP3 firmware, not the hand controller.  It is not a problem with more modern systems with the CP4 controller, so I could fix it by purchasing the CP4 upgrade, but a firmware update would do the job.

        Clif