Re: SideOfPier updates during long slew?

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

Ray,

  Doesn't APCC get more real time information on the mount location than this provides?  The limits in APCC would seem to need this kind of information.

  Perhaps this would be a good candidate for further documentation of the firmware protocol for software authors.  As is it would seem to preclude a non-ASCOM driver implementation from performing safety checks on the mount position.

Thanks
Michael Fulbright

On 10/20/19 3:59 PM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] wrote:

> Thanks for the update Ray. Is this an ASCOM spec'd behavior or is it up to the driver to decide?

Michael, pier side is read from the mount. The driver just reports the way the firmware responds.

-Ray Gralak