Re: SideOfPier updates during long slew?

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

Thanks for the update Ray.  Is this an ASCOM spec'd behavior or is it up to the driver to decide?

I have limits setup in APCC but I was hoping to also be able to do some safety checking of the mount from my code but found I had to exempt this checking during a slew which led to this query.

Thanks,
Michael Fulbright

On 10/20/19 2:11 PM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] wrote:

> I've been working on some automation code and I noticed during a
> meridian flip the ASCOM SideOfPier API call seems to not update during
> the long slew but will change once it has completed.

Yes, the mount will update side of pier after it completes the slew. That is the way it works.

-Ray Gralak