Re: How to delete photos or albums from Yahoo Groups?

Jack Huerkamp

Marj,

I moved to groups.io over a year ago and it took about 3 days for the migration of all the messages, photos and files.  I would assume that with everyone with a Yahoo Group needing to migrate their datea before Yahoo ceases, there is a backlog.

Another thing to remember - Groups.io will send out an announcement to all the Yahoo members and if a Yahoo member elects to not stay with groups.io, any photo albums they created will be assigned to an owner of the groups.io group since the photo album in Groups.io cannot be assigned to a current group member.  I ended up with a bunch of photo albums posted by former members who did not stay with groups.io.

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack's Astro Accessories LLC
38388 Pine Street
Pearl River, LA 70452-5192
985-863-2165 (Home)
985-445-5063 (Cellular)
www.MallinCamUSA.com
MallinCamUSA@...

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 5:40 PM Marj marj@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Thank you, Peter. According to Groups.io, it could take a week or so for the migration. We are in the queue, but I imagine they are swamped.

If anyone else would like to clean up their photos, that would be great. We will alert everyone when the migration is underway. It will be too late at that point, but then you can clean up the files on the new site, if you choose.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 5:11 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] How to delete photos or albums from Yahoo Groups?

Never mind. I got them deleted for good.

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., wrote :

I figured out how to delete my photos from my albums. But every time I delete them and click on "Show only my photos", my photos are still there. I hope it means it may take time for Yahoo to eventually delete them. But if they are never deleted, then it's not my problem.

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., wrote :

OOPS!  I think I confused how to do this between Yahoo Groups and Groups.io.

I don’t think my #3 paragraph exists in Yahoo Groups.  So just find your folder.  Then you can either delete the entire folder, or click the folder ,and then click on each individual photo to delete just it.

Woody

Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 2:11 PM
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] How to delete photos or albums from Yahoo Groups?

Peter,

Try this. 

1) Go to the group on the Yahoo website.  The easiest way to do that is to click on the link at the bottom of this message that says “VISIT YOUR GROUP”  The link is blue and just above the Yahoo logo at the bottom.

2) Click on either the FILES or PHOTOS tab – depending on where your images are.

3) If you click on PHOTOS, there should be a check box somewhere top left that says something like only display your photos. 

Click it.

4) Once you have your photos, you should be able to delete the entire folder they’re in by clicking the trash can icon, or click the trash can icon on each photo file to just delete it.

Woody

Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 12:37 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] How to delete photos or albums from Yahoo Groups?

Hello,

I am trying to delete my photos and files that are no longer relevant but I can't figure it out. I am trying to save space and time for this ap-gto group when it gets migrated to groups.io.

Thanks,

Peter

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.